Popup

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Goodbye Beautiful Girl...Til We Meet Again

Auraluna  2002 ~ 2013


Today we said goodbye to our sweet girl...as she lost her battle with Cancer.  She was diagnosed with Bone Cancer in March of this year at which time she was given 6 weeks to live, unless we chose Chemo and amputation...we chose palliative care.  You can read more about our choice the alternative meds and healings we offered her, how she surprised 3 Vets by living as long as she did and the lessons she's taught me as we shared our last 6 months together...in my posts Here and Here.

She was happy and loving til the end...


She showed no signs of discomfort or pain.  Even her limp hasn't been very apparent. Although yesterday I did think it was odd that she was right by my side as I stood in the kitchen making dinner...she's usually with my eldest.  The past few nights she's been alternating sleeping from bedroom to bedroom each a different night eventually spending her nights in the middle of all of them. Looking back now...the time was coming and she new it.


Today was the weakest we've seen her


 since her diagnosis. She became lethargic and started having labored breathing. Once at the vet we were told it was time to let her go...no matter knowing this day would come... I was so unprepared to see her go.  But we promised we would let her go when she told us she was ready...and today we saw it in her eyes as she said her last goodbyes the only way she could, with grace and courage.  My heart broke once again having to let go of yet another dear friend.  But I know she's with Zia Bow and they will both be happy to be together again.

You will be sooo dearly missed crazy girl...til we meet again...thank you for sharing your life with us


      Look not where I was, for I am not there,
 I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
 My Spirit is free now, and I am everywhere.
In the air that you breathe, in the sounds that you hear,
Please don’t cry for me now, my Spirit is near.
I’ll watch for you from the other side, beyond the rainbow.
Where there are meadows rich and beautiful, lush and green.
My own tired, failing body is now fresh, healed and new.
I’m running through the meadows along side animals of every
sort as healthy as could be!
I want to reach out to you, to tell you I’m alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright glow pierces the night.
‘Twas the glow of many candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.
For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need me, we’re never far apart,
If you look beyond the rainbow and listen with your heart.
So, smile at my memory, remember in your heart,
this isn’t the end, it’s a brand new start.

(thanks to those who shared your poetry allowing me to piece this one together)


Read about her journey Here and Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...