Popup

Friday, January 17, 2014

Our New Fur Soul has Arrived!


Remember in my blog post wrapping up 2013 I mentioned we'd have a new addition to our family soon...well she's here.  After the loss of our Auraluna last fall...our home and hearts have felt so empty.  It was hard enough loosing Zia three years ago but when Auraluna passed, well, the emptiness grew.  We knew we would eventually find another fur soul to welcome into our family.  A few months ago I was moved to look around wanting to adopt one and found there are a lot of cross breeds here that I'm not to sure I want around my over active little person. And so I waited...

Then a couple months ago I dreamt...


that both Auraluna and Zia were here in our home and there was a little lab pup under foot.  To me they were telling me that not only it's time to invite a new fur soul into our home but that maybe this time it should be a puppet as we like to call puppies.

We were on our way to looking for a new fur soul...


Our search took us to a local breeder who's latest litter of chocolate labs arrived Nov 21st.  They welcomed us over to meet the mommy and daddy.  Wow I could not believe my eyes.  Mama was just
like our Zia girl, block head, quite and easy going.  Daddy was like Auraluna, more of a pointy snout, outgoing a...spaz.  All in all they are beautiful animals and sooo were their precious pups.  We were the last to request one so fate would only know which we'd end up with.  Which is much like it was with our other girls they found us not the other way around.  January 16th was the day and it couldn't come any sooner.

We went back to visit 6 weeks later...













and found out we had the Yellow girl, a total daddy's girls!  She's full of energy, wild and crazy. Though she was the runt, just like Auraluna was, she was the first to hit her milestones, bright little girl.  Well January 16th came and she's here!

Meet...Kaia Arena! 


Interesting name huh...well, we had Zia Amarilla....Zia ~ Navajo for Sun and Amarilla ~ Spanish for Yellow, and AuraLuna which is pretty a interesting name too...there was a halo, an Aura, around the Full Moon the night we rescued her...of course Luna is Spanish for Moon.  And so when searching for a name for our new fur soul we decided on Kaia ~ Greek for Earth and Hawaiian for Sea...EarthSea which is perfect given she will be living in a forest by the sea and Arena ~ Spanish for Sand.

Needless to say we have our hands full...


with a new baby in the house...she's 8 weeks old!  I know in my heart that Auraluna and Zia are right here along side of her to guide and teach her about our crazy family...get ready for some fun puppy shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...