Popup

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Embrace Self-Love...


I made my Word of the Year stone this weekend...EMBRACE.  I've also chose a word for February... Self-Love...so that's what I'm here to share with you today....

Our first love and last love is...Self-Love...


How do you practice Self-Love?  I do so in various ways...one of them being by taking care of my body...connecting through Mind, Body and Spirit.  One way is my Yoga practice...I also enjoy dancing...like AND when nobody is watching ;)  Another way is, I give myself sweet love and attention through my oils...from simple foot oil massages to aromatic baths and oiling my whole body after a shower, making my skin soft (which has the tendency to be very dry here in the Southwest).

Self-Love practices can also look like...


Having a Self-Love Journal...where you can write yourself love letters, letters of forgiveness.  I also  journal about thing's I'm struggling with...for me it's all about reflecting on things I can do to fill my life with more Love and Balance...being pulled in so many directions leaves little me time...reconnecting and coming up with actions I can take help me get through those times, helps me feel less overwhelmed.

A big part of my Self-Love practice is...


becoming aware of my thoughts.  You will be amazed at the negative talk that goes on in our heads...I strive to treat myself like I would my best friend.  So, being more conscious of my thoughts, the self talk that goes on in my head throughout the day is important.  Our thoughts have power, changing them to supportive, positive thoughts can make for a more loving relationship with ourselves.  Negative thoughts only supports that kind of mindset...we have power over these thoughts, so why not strive to change them :)

Other simple Self-Love practices I like to do are...


Like simply listening to my body's needs...from eating when I'm hungry, drinking water when I'm thirsty, to going to sleep or taking a nap when I'm tired.  This also includes unplugging from the computer/phones etc and going for Spirit Walks...my meditative walks connecting with nature and becoming open to receiving messages from Spirit.  As well as barefoot breathing...mediating and doing my Yoga outside barefoot connecting and grounding with Mother Earth.  Writing positive affirmations, arting and painting all of things are simple acts of Self-Love.


Practicing Self-Love will totally improve your life...


How you ask...well, for one when I thrive and feel supported and loved my passion and business projects also thrive.  Some of you may have heard the phrase...when Mom is happy everyone is happy...well, it's that simple...when we are happier, rested, energized, less stressed it will affect those around us, as well as all that we do.

I'll leave you with my latest addition to the shop, just in time for the month of Love. Heart diffuser pendants with a FREE gift, a sample of some wonderful Essential oil to use with your new pendant ♥



                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...