Popup

Friday, August 3, 2012

Inspirational Friday ~ Trees are in Our Blood

Colorado Aspens
I declared that this year would be the year I reclaimed my Spiritual practice...and in doing so I've found myself reinforcing my relationship with nature especially with trees.  No matter where I've found myself in my life's journey, I always found my way to the woodlands, forests and anywhere there are trees.


They call to me...as do the elemental realm...but that's a story for another time.


When I was young instead of hanging out at parks on the swings and such...you'd find me near by in the woods.  Looking back now through a Mother's eyes, it was kind of scary how much time I spent in the woodlands and forests where I grew up, and how I was such an easy kidnapping target.  But back then I felt safe and protected within the trees... and that feeling of protection and safety as well as the need to be within the trees never left me.


They call to me and I find the need to touch them, be with them and get lost within their grove.


 











The past few weeks I've been participating in Lori-Lyn Hurley's Elemental Wisdom: Guidance from the Mother Earth's 3 month offering, in which you choose one of the three offerings, Bear, Butterfly or Tree Medicine that speaks to you in guiding you on your sacred path. Of course Tree spoke to me.

Tree medicine is about strong roots, being grounded yet flexible...


Now in my life more than ever I need the strength of being able to be rooted in my spirituality and grounded while being able to be flexible to go with the flow of all that's happening.  It was no surprise then that tree called to me...I can so easily get wrapped up in the crazy whirlwind of my life and forget to ground, forget to be flexible and move whichever way the wind blows.

It's a wonderful feeling to come home...



Here's an interesting short video I came across this week... Trees are in our Blood...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...