Popup

Friday, February 10, 2012

Inspirational Friday~Healing and HeARTing


The Lotus...my healing symbol.  It came to me during one of the meditations in the Creative Goddess eCourse.  Now I think of it and meditate on it when I need healing, any kind of healing really.  Mostly, though when I need to return to myself.

I've been sick all week...first time in over a year and I'm really not surprised as I mentioned before I've had my little one sick constantly since he started preschool.  I was bound to come down with something sooner or later.  So, it's been a quite week...lots of soulful heART and reflection.

In Book of Days, where I've fallen behind, but it's all good, my art is totally reflecting where I'm at right now.  It's all about meditating, stillness, going within...as I grow, transform and bloom.  Here's a page I did to the prompt "What do I need to tell myself"...  "Connect and listen, all the answers are inside you".  Our challenge was to add an envi to our page.

Then I decide to declare February Self-Love Month, and so, I created my February 1st page to reflect just that.  I also added one of the wonderful pieces of Happy Mail I got from Aleta, one of my sisters in the Sisterhood of the Book.  It flips out so I could include jouranling and add a picture of me.  I also included a quote I came across that I thought was a perfect message..."You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection."




I'm really lovin' learning how to do all this layering and these different techniques. I think I finally got it down...layer in solid and transparent layers...and it's been working like a charm.

Effy (from the BOD) came across this wonderful Quan Yin prayer and we all did a variation of her spread.  I loved the photo Tangie used so this page was inspired by both of them.  This page speaks to me sooo much...you all know how close to my heart Quan Yin is, I have various statues of her from my alter to my mini alter in my studio area.  The layering I did gives it an ancient feel to it.  I like how I added the tags in order to get the whole poem to fit in my little book and of course how I accented her head dress with gliter and gems.











This week in the Book of Life, Tamara was back with another awesome class!  I soooo enjoy arting along with her...I don't know what it is...but she's such a great teacher and so authentic that just having her videos playing as I'm painting is just wonderful.  Anyway, this week was about paint over a collage...something that I've been seeing in various Mix Media blogs/classes.  I always seem to distort the faces...but this time I'm really thrilled with my piece...again, I feel it's the wonderful teacher that makes me a better artist.




So, she had us take a picture of our collage prior to paining on it.  This is what mine looked like...I did make one more change prior to painting on it though...I gave her a pattern on her dress by using some more of the green floral scrapbook paper on her dress. 

I think the transformation is amazing, I am in love with Mix Media art and I feel I'm like a sponge trying to absorb EVERYTHING there is to learn.  I can't imagine a better place to do so than on the Life Book course with all these amazing teachers!  Here it is completed I'm thrilled with how it turned out!  I love her dress, her wings and all the little subtle significant symbols throughout...Love it!

Happy HeARTing ♥

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What beautiful work you are doing. I am a big fan of the lotus flower too.

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...