Popup

Monday, October 3, 2011

Divination and the Pendulum

There are many forms of divination where we can access our sixth sense, from tarot to Iching to runes throwing, to name a few.  One of my favorite divination tools is the pendulum.  This is the description I provide in my shop for my Pendulums...

One of the oldest known types of divination, the pendulum consists of a weight at the end of a flexible cord, chain, etc. When held at one end, the weight will move in a variety of patterns in response to questions from the user. The ancient Romans were renowned for pendulum scrying and their methods were detailed in the writings of Roman historians. Since then the pendulum has become an effective dowsing tool, they have been used to find things like water, gold, oil - treasures and to tap into ones intuition and obtain answers to important questions. 

It's amazing how ancient this practice is, yet still practiced today.  Years ago when I had to have a well drilled on my property, the company that was most highly recommended was a company that still used dowsing to select the spot upon where to drill...pretty amazing huh?
 
The first pendulum I owned was one I had made for myself.  I made this years ago when my mentor was teaching me how to bezel stones.   We went to the Denver Stone show and I found a beautiful moonstone with a face carved on it.  I also found a gorgeous piece of Blue Lace Agate in teardrop shape.

As well some amazing Bali silver bezel and chain.



The Moonstone's energies are balancing and introspective, it's a stone of feeling and understanding through our intuition and emotional thought vs intellectual reasoning.


   
The Blue Lace Agate's energies are best used to activate the throat, heart, third-eye and crown chakras, activating these chakras helps one to enter into a high-frequency state of awareness.  So, I thought those two were the perfect combination.

As some of you know, I absolutely LOVE stones and their magickal properties, so I select my jewelry pieces to bring those particular properties/energies into my life. In my shop I enjoy working with stones and creating unique and one of a kind pieces.  From earrings to barefoot sandals and everything in between.

With Samhain on the way, which is a wonderful time for divination by the way, I wanted to share some of pendulums I have in my shop, including one of my most sought after pieces of art, (which is right up there with my Goddess pendants and my barefoot sandals)... my bracelet pendulums.  That's right, pendulums you can wear.  They say the more you carry you pendulum on you the more it becomes infused with you own personal energies...what a wonderful way to infuse your pendulum with your own energy, then to wear it!





This is my latest listing, adding to my bracelet collection






I also take custom orders, and will do my best to accommodate specific colors or stones.




Of course I have also made traditional pendulums such as these












Happy divination!

6 comments:

  1. Allurynn,
    What an absolutely lovely moonstone for you first pendulum. The moon's face in it is just gorgeous. What a wonderful find.

    Your pendulums and bracelets are beautiful. I love stones as well and carry a few of my favorites around with me wherever I go. Certain ones will just call out to you, won't they?

    Brightest blessings,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes they do call out to us don't they, I believe they each hum their own special tune ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allurynn! I love stones, too, and these are gorgeous. I have never really tried dowsing before and I'd love to learn more about it. I especially like what you said about wearing the pendulum bracelets so they get infused with your energy - almost like the pendulum gets to know you and then can guide you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! My first experience with it was when I was pregnant with my daughter, a friend of mine did that Pendulum test to predict the sex of the baby...she used the necklace I was wearing. She told me all about infusing your pendulum, so bracelets seems like a great way to do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allurynn, You have the most beautiful pendulums. I used to have a lapis lazuli one that I loved but it has gone astray...I keep hoping to find it in a pocket somewhere. Of course, if I HAD it I could use it to find the lost one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jo, LOL too funny. I've been there, I'm sure you'll find it in a "safe" place, that you forgot about.

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...