Popup

Monday, June 3, 2013

A New Beginning...


We made finally arrived in Southern Oregon!  The days and weeks leading up to the move had been really difficult but we are here now.  Despite us getting the largest moving truck and a trailer, we still had to leave some personal possessions behind.  I know they are just material things, but some of them were from my childhood, things that had meaning...but like they say, you cant take them with you
when you die anyway. So we stuffed every available space with things, and didn't look back.


It was hard leaving half of our family behind too, but we knew they would be following shortly.


Our friend Dick was scheduled to transport them in a few days. Our road trip started May 26th, Sunday morning. During the first part of the waning Moon, which to me seemed appropriate, saying good-bye and having closure.



My little one rode with me in my car, I was the lead car in our little 1/2 way cross country caravan, followed by my daughter and son who were pulling a trailer and then Hubby in the huge truck.  On our first day what was suppose to take us 10 hours ended up being an 18 hour drive...didn't expect to travel so slow.  We had limited motel options due to the fact we had 2 cats and a large dog in our party, so we had to make it to our hotel that night.

Let me tell you...I think it was the most stressful road trip I ever took.  My daughter earned a huge gold metal for her bravery in taking on that trailer...it fishtailed a lot and it was her first time ever pulling one...needless to say she's her mother's daughter...we step up and take on challenges when we are faced with them; even if they seem huge.  But to be honest, I don't think I could have done it!  We stopped several times due to minor issues with tarps, high winds etc.  We even lost a box along the way, still not sure what was in it. That night...I was so worried about traveling the highway and so concerned with the traffic and such.  That morning, before we left, I had said a prayer invoking some traveling guardian Angels to protect us during our travels...that night I found my self chanting my prayer over and over just to help me focus and find some serenity through it all...the roads at night seem endless...


Angels, Angels all around, please protect us on this route...


Simple but I swear I could see Angels here and there throughout the road and hill side as we drove by,  I feel blessed they were with us.  If you've ever done road trips at night, you know how your eyes can play tricks on you...and after seeing so many large road kills I couldn't help but add to my worry.   I seemed to imagine things that weren't there and felt I couldn't trust myself. So then I called in my Fae friends.  I asked the Faeries to keep the wild life off the road as we traveled that night and they were gracious enough to comply, we didn't see any wild life...til the next day ;)

The drive was long but there were some beautiful natural sites...


Salt flats, Utah
That day, I forgotten to ask for their help and believe it or not a herd of wild burros galloped across in front from me, came from now were but they were fun to see.  The trip was long and by the time we arrived we were exhausted.

Crossing into Oregon...








Coming down a Mountain in Oregon




Still knee deep in boxes, despite arriving on Monday night.  But I'm getting there. There's been some unexpected things come up with the home, which honestly left me very disappointed.  One of which was having to clean prior to being able to move in...I suppose everyone has there own definition of satisfactory condition.  I have to be honest, that the stuff that came up around the home, set me off and I had a minor meltdown...hey no one is perfect, right?  Those that know me, know that it's only been recently I've been able to move through stuff and not get stuck...so I'm trying.  Heck, I didn't survive as a single mom for 13 years in Colorado without being resourceful and resilient so here's another opportunity to rise above it all, at least that's how I see it.

It reminded me of one of my favorite chants by Beautiful Chorus... the Waves we give...



Which by the way Doug and I have tickets to go see them here in a few weeks!  It will be my first introduction to the Goddess Temple in Ashland, which I've been sooo looking forward to be a part of!

Aside from the minor disappointments, the people in our town are sooo nice, they strike up a conversation with you at the drop of a hat and are so helpful and kind.  Being in a new home, town, state for that matter, I feel incredibly grateful to have such kindness around us.

I got a farewell gift two days before we left...


My daughter decided she was going to get her half sleeve worked on while in Colorado, and so I opted to gift myself my next tattoo...my word for January, which I found I keep coming back too; and has become a huge reminder for me to breathe and be at peace despite the chaos around me.  Yesterday we took some much needed downtime, after a morning of unpacking we went to the beach for a few hours and treated ourselves to dinner on the coast.  I did some wonderful barefoot breathing and recharged my body, by the ocean and it's wonderful sand...

Serenity is not freedom from the storm...but peace amid the storm...






And so for now I keep moving forward, I'm open to what ever Spirit has has to offer me.  Living into my word for the year, Embrace...and embracing this new beginning.  I also, remind myself to be gentle with myself and my emotions and to "be like water, my friend" ♥


1 comment:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...