Popup

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My word of the year and other musings...


The end of the year came and went to0 quickly for me...it was wonderful spending time with family over the Holiday Season, especially having all the kids together.  But then I started out the new year with horrible migraines, kept me from doing all the things I wanted to do but with it was also a lesson, to slow down...

Sea Turtle has been gracing me with it's presence...


I various ways, from art, finding this treasure amongst my still packed away things from our last move, to receive a charm from on of my SouLodge sisters of a sea turtle.  After researching it, I came to find out that Turtle is a symbol of Mother Earth, and the personification of Goddess energy.  Being a creature of land and water, it's a reminder to use Earth and Water energies, remembering to ground and go with the flow.  And so I have been, as best as I can cos' I'm such a doer and go, go goer.

So my word for 2013, wasn't easy to come by this year.  


This is only my 3rd year doing a word of the year and I love how each year unfolds and keeps me present to it's word.  But this year's word was elusive to me.  I know this year is going to be huge for me...huge as in I'm inviting growth and expansion making room for abundance and creativity, all the while I'm choosing to be brave and bold as I create the life I desire, breakdown barriers and open up widely...to embrace my path, live wild, free and colorfully while letting my inner Goddess Sparkle as I savor the moments.  That's what I wrote on my Pinterest broad for this year.  And so at first I thought my word was Expansive...but than after sitting with it for a while AND...with the help of my Spirit Twin Sara...

It came to me... my word for 2013 is EMBRACE.


There's going to be a lot for me to Embrace this year...my path is shifting as I embrace my healing path, I'm not sure how it will all unfold, but I continue to educate myself more and more on the Essential oils, I'm currently taking an Apothecary eCourse, studying more energy work and I'm looking into getting my Holistic Life Coach Certification as well.

Then of course there's our HUGE move...


yes, it's finally here.  Once my eldest son graduates high school this May, we will be able to make our move to Oregon.  Oh...I've been waiting for this day for 11 years and it's finally here.  Although I'm full of excitement and anticipation...we still don't know how we are going to pull it off.  Now, remember my word of the year for 2012...TRUST...well, once again I'm faced with stepping into it and fully trusting.  In fact every morning I draw a card for the day...they all seem to have the same theme...they've been constant reminders that my spiritual support team is right there with me and to have faith and trust.  As, most of you know I had some major expenses last year with my mouth due to my teeth grinding, which left us unable to stick to our budget and save for the move as we had planned.  So, we are keeping the faith that we will continue to make sales in our shops and that we will be able to make this move happen.

Now while EMBRACE has become my word for 2013...


I have another word that keeps showing up in subtle and not so subtle ways, and so I've embraced it as my January Lunar Cycle word...for now...who knows I may have two words this year. 

The word is SERENITY...



it came to me a few months ago...in the mist of all my physical and financial pain, and still feels like it needs to be recognized.  As I sat with the word Serenity what came to me was that it not only means peace and tranquility...but also acceptance...without expectations, the absence of stress, to embrace spirit, finding stillness in the mist of being overwhelmed.  And so I tried it on for size...literally...I did some body art and spent some time with Serenity...and that's when I knew it was still very present for me and so for now, it's also my word.  

I feel strongly connected with my spiritual team, who's constantly showing me signs and symbols as they remind me I'm on the right path, everything is as it should be, that I will be taken care of and of course to breathe...as I take my first steps into this new and still unfolding journey, which I know is the beginning to something new and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...