Popup

Monday, April 25, 2011

Artful and Inspirational Weekend

I have been completely and utterly inspired by Tam's juicy and wonderful workshop Art, Heart and Healing.  So much so that I devoted the weekend to work on week 2 ~ Altering a Board book.  As I mentioned before this workshop came into my life at the right time...had some triggers a few weeks ago about childhood stuff.  There has been so much healing, understanding and heart opening for me that I'm so very grateful to be a part of this workshop ;)

Of course I'm also learning Art Journaling, which is totally new to me.  I purchased some watercolor crayons and Oh my Goddess...are they fun.  I think it connects me back to when I was a kid and played with regular crayons (not that you can't find me coloring with regular crayons now a days, lol).  They are so much fun to use, MUCH more enjoyable for me than watercolors in a tube, LOL  I'm also learning to use Soft Gel Medium, Gesso and other mixed media to create some really awesome backgrounds; opening me up to all kinds of possibilities. 

Here's my cover, where we learned how to alter pictures...fun, fun, fun.


We were asked to include a tag, with an inspirational saying/poem...I created my own, which came to me during one of Goddess Leonie's, Creative Goddess eCourse Meditations ~


Our first page was about transfers, but I didn't have any transfer sheets and when I used just printer paper it was a botched experience.  So I just used a print of a picture of me, BUT...I did learn how to transfer now I have to get the right paper and try it out :o)



Page 2 we were taught to draw "Whimsys", I believe that's gonna be my first paid workshop with Tam her "Utimate World of Whimsy" but I'm also called to taking her "Magickal Mythical Makings", heck I want to take all her workshops, she's so much fun to learn from :)


Page 3 was about Celebrating!  Here we used tissue paper to give it an awesome textured background.  It's hard to see it well with pictures...I should have taking a picture of it before embellishing the page...but rest assure I will be doing this kind of background again and will take better pics!  I painted the little heart on the top free hand, yet it looks like I used a stamp, and the swirls were cut outs of Scrapbook paper, which is another reason why I love Art Journaling, I can use my Scrapping in a whole new way!
 




Next we will be utilizing our "sewing" skills...making a empathy monster....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...