Popup

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lavender Honey

I have a small patch of beautiful fragrant Lavender that grows in my front yard.  Lavender is one of my favorite herbs, I love it.  I cook with it, drink it, and use it's essential oils for a number of things, including bee stings, burns, cuts, you name it...it's one of those things I would have to have a lot of if I was marooned on a deserted island. 


My lavender....I harvest it every year, make some yummy Strawberry Lavender Lemonade, dry the rest, which I use for my Lavender Breeze tea blend and cooking.  But today...I made my first jar of Lavender Honey! Mmmmm did it turn out spectacular!


It was pretty simple really, just took 8oz of Honeyville honey (Colorado's Mountain Wildflower honey), and about 10 sprigs of my lavender, brought it up to a boil, simmered it for about 5 mins, and let it steep for another 20 mins.  Strained it into a clean 8oz Mason jar, the flavor is heavenly.  Ooooh the many, many uses of this sweet nectar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...