Popup

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gardening....

With Lughnasadh, the first harvest, 3 weeks away, I wanted to share our garden for this year....I am by far not the best gardener...just don't have the green thumb.  BUT our little garden is doing really well this year.  I planted lots of herbs this year, just love them too much!  So I plan on harvesting them and drying them to use throughout the winter...not to mention I've been using them fresh in lots of summer meals.

Look at my beautiful Basil....

We also planted some peppers this year look at these lovely Banana Peppers....

While I was out there photographing my garden I was visited by some little critters...two of them pose for me 
 like the FROG....who was resting under some grass...
and the GRASSHOPPER that was
sunning on the Tomato cage...

We also have 3 varieties of lettuce
AND...we are going to have lots and lots of tomatoes...
3 varieties of those too...look at all the blossoms!

We also planted some Cucumbers, Melons, Watermelons, Green Peppers, Brussels Sprouts, Acorn Squash and  Pumpkins which we are hopping to use for the kids to carve this year...and of course zucchinis, which we had to harvested 3 so far!  I love eating fresh produce and look forward to continuing to enjoy our garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...